National Health Communication Policy, 2012 has been endorsed by the cabinet, which is the milestone for health promotion, education and communication program. It is a document of high commitment and priority of government for health promotion, education and communication program in the health sector. This policy also gives a mandate to NHEICC for planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of health promotion, education and health communication program of all health services and program of all 3 departments under the ministry of health and population.
Developing, producing and disseminating health messages and materials to promote and support health programs and services in an integrated manner is part of the responsibility. It, also, regulates the health messages produced and disseminated by other partner organizations and stakeholders through the media.
Vision and Goal
Vision : Healthy, alert and conscious citizens oriented to happy life.
Goal: The goal of NHEICC is to contribute to the attainment of the highest level of health of the people of Nepal
Advocacy: Get political and social commitment and gain support for specific health issues.
Social mobilization: Mobilize society, network and resources at the district and community level .
Behavior Change Communication: Inform people about health issues, services available and promote positive behaviors
- % of increased in knowledge on key health issues among target audiences
- % of increased in service utilization
- % of people practicing key health behaviors to prevent diseases and for child and maternal survival
- % of increase in funds for key health issues and communication program
- % of people who used modern Contraceptive methods
Major Strategic Documents
- National Communication Strategy for MNCH 2012- 2016
- National Health Communication Policy 2012
- National Communication Strategy on ASRH 2012-2016
- Document on Technical Contents of Public Health Programs (Planning for revision)
National Level Strategies under process
- National Multisectoral Strategic Plan for Tobacco Control –Draft Ready for discussion with the states and finalization. Thereafter proceed for approval and implementation.
- Health Promotion Strategy 2018-2030 ( Draft under development )
Our Recent Achievements
- Tobacco Product (Control and Regulatory) Directives 2014
- Provision of 90% pictorial health warning
- Got Bloomberg philanthropies award